The instant messaging boom has redefined the way we communicate through our smart phone. Many player have joined this race, but WhatsApp leads the game with a big margin. It’s one of the finest instant mobile messaging app yet. It has launched a desktop version for Pc or we could better say as a web version.
WhatsApp has recently reached a new benchmark of 800 million active users worldwide in April 215. If this trend continues, it will soon reach 1 Billion active user, which is not a distant dream now. No doubt such a popular app was acquired by facebook for US$ 16 Billion in 2014.
In Early 2015, WhatsApp had introduced a web based official client for its user. This is a very much required feature all were waiting for. This feature has lot to offer for all of us.
Before the introduction of this feature, people who wanted to use WhatsApp on PC basically used a 3rd party tool like Bluestack which stimulate an android OS in computer and number of app including WhatsApp could be used right from your desktop. But, this method had a lot of limitation like, we were not able to use WhatsApp simultaneously on PC and mobile, message were not synched, Computer used to slow down a lot.
How to use WhatsApp on PC now:
You will need two things:
1. Visit, https://web.whatsapp.com/ (Chrome, Mozilla)
2. Latest version of WhatsApp installed on your Smartphone (Right now this feature is supported in Android, Windows, BlackBerry, Symbian device only and not available for iOS device due to security issue)
As soon as you visit web.WhatsApp.com you could see a huge QR code flashing on your computer screen. Now depending on your mobile device there will be an option of WhatsApp Web somwehre in option of your WhatsApp, click on it and you will see your primary camera getting activated. You need to scan the QR code in the computer with your mobile camera and align the QR code in within the space flashing in your mobile screen. That’s it; you don’t even have to click a single button, just keep it stable and align accurately, a window be displayed showing up your WhatsApp chat detail and it will fully synchronise with your mobile chat.
Before Scanning the QR code, you could tick the option of “Keep me signed in” option which ensures you are be signed-in until you manually opt to sign out from web version or disconnect directly from mobile connected.
If you don’t keep yourself signed in you will be logout after certain minute due to inactivity and you need to connect mobile again and again.
If you keep yourself signed in and just close the tab directly, other person could see and read your chat if he or she visits web.WhatsApp.com URL. So make sure to log out, especially while using Public computer.
Even If you forget to logout from web and you have closed window directly and later you realize, you could then just to your WhatsApp web option in your mobile through which you had scanned the QR code and you will see the list of computer your are connected, just delete it and you will be logged out from that computer.
Note: Always make sure your mobile is connected to internet while using WhatsApp web client.
If you are not able to receive message on web version make sure your mobile application is working fine and at times some battery saving option in your mobile could interfere with working.
Advantages of WhatsApp on PC:
1. Chatting through PC is much faster than chatting conventionally through mobile device, no matter how big or advance is your mobile, Chatting through physical keyword is more convenient.
2. All message are synchronised in real time. Even if you are messaging from web, you would be able to see all message and replies from the other person in mobile too.
3. You could easily share link, photos, videos.
4. Companies are opting to be connected to their customer via WhatsApp and customer has equally welcomed this trend due to convenience. So, if you have to talk with multiple people at a time and even promote your services through WhatsApp, this is a must for you.
WhatsApp on desktop is a combination of convenience of instant messaging and power of desktop at one place.
Latest posts by Kaushal Gohil (see all)
- Learn How to Make Money on YouTube - October 14, 2015
- WhatsApp on Pc | Use it directly from your desktop - August 17, 2015
- Dubsmash | Everything you wanted to know about - July 30, 2015